Energy / Electricity costs keep on going up and are a large chunk of a family’s income. By using energy wisely money and the environment can be saved.
Reduce your hot water energy costs
With a few simple steps you can reduce your energy consumption for your bath/shower and even coffee or tea.
- Lower the temperature to between 55 ° C to 60 ° C.
- Make sure all hot water pipes are insulated to reduce heat loss.
- Get solar heating or a heatpump.
- Only boil enough water for the amount of tea or coffee.
- Washing your hands with cold water and soap is as effective as using hot water.
- Wash your clothes at a lower temperature.
Many people wast unnecessary energy and with that money on lights, while with a little investment and behavior change a lot of energy can be saved.
- If you are not in a room, switch of the lights.
- Use compact fluorescent lamps (CFL) or Led lights instead of ordinary bulbs. In many countries incandescent or ordinary bulbs are now outlawed.
- Use the correct heater for the requirements. For example infrared heaters don’t heat up the room, but transfer heat directly to a person body. They are ideal to use in for example a bathroom.
- Choose a heater with a thermostat , so the heater switches of when the desired temperature is reached.
- Dress warmly.
- Insulate your house and seal gaps, to stop heat loss.
- Fill the dishwasher completely, it will use the same amount of water and electricity as a half full dishwasher.
- Use a lower temperature, in most cases your dishes will come out as clean.
- When buying a new dishwasher or washing machine check for the energy rating and buy the appliance with the highest energy rating.
- A front loader washing machine is more energy efficient then a top loader.
- Make sure you have a full load before washing.
- Try washing with a shorter cycle.
In the colder winter months heating cost increase, but with a few simple steps one can minimize energy consumption.
Dishwashers and Washing machines are more efficient and save energy compared to washing by hand.
Now with all the money saved, why not invest it in Renewable Energy for your home and save even more in the future.