Saving energy and reducing fuel consumption has many benefits. Not only does reduced energy and fuel consumption save you money, it also saves valuable resources which can be depleted. Another advantage of saving energy is less impact on the environment and preserving valuable resources.
Reduce electricity consumption with these easy tips
- Buy Energy Star qualified appliances, or A or B rated appliances and lights. These are the low energy using appliances.
- Improve the insulation of your property, to make it cooler in summer and keep it warmer in winter. Les heating and cooling will be required which saves electricity
- Turn off appliances and gadgets that are in stand by state.
- Set air conditioner’s at a slightly higher temperature in summer and during the winter slightly lower. It will make a difference to your electricity bill
- Use air conditioner only in the rooms occupied.
- Use a fan instead of air conditioner, they sometimes give effective cooling for a lower electricity consumption.
- Avoid opening the fridge door as much as possible
- Turn off the light when you leave the room.
- Decrease washing machine water temperature and use a shorter cycle, for most laundry it will still come out clean and fresh
- Fill the washing machine / dryer / dishwasher before operation. Avoid small loads
- Use energy saving features in the computer’s operating system control panel.
- Hang the laundry to dry instead of using the dryer. In most places the laundry will dry quickly.
- Install solar water heater system.
- Reduce the water temperature of your geyser
Reduce fuel consumption with these easy tips.
- When buying another car consider a smaller car with low fuel consumption
- Avoid high acceleration / deceleration driving.
- Avoid driving with high motor RPM. Switch gears to a higher one asap.
- Don’t drive with unnecessary luggage or other items to reduce weight.
- Close the windows to reduce drag
- Avoid driving during traffic jams.
- Avoid unnecessary trips. Rather wal or take public transport.
- Keep tires with optimal air pressure. This will save energy as well as extending the life of your tires.
- Keep your car well maintained.
- Plan your trips so you can minimize the distance or avoid driving through cities with lost of stop starts. Maintaining a steady speed on a highway is normally low on fuel consumption.
- Don’t be in a rush, a lower speed will make sure you arrive alive, but at a lower fuel consumption. Rather leave earlier.
Even if one implements a couple of these you will notice the difference. Just changing your habits can save a lot of money.